Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Retrospective

Personally speaking:
2012_guten_rutsch_ins_neue_jahr_entfernungsmesser_postkarte-p239754628677162625z8iat_400_large

2011 was very hard. For so many reasons. Writing made it better, but we'll get to that in a moment.

Literarily speaking:

Tumblr_kt98x3cudj1qa12q9o1_500_large
I read 165 Books in 2011!

That's about 14 books a month. 

Event-ually speaking:


I attended the Breathless Reads tour and met:


I am pleased to say these ladies are my good friends, now. 

I attended BEA with Andye, Amy, Kit and Austin from ReadingTeen. Along with a bunch of other awesome bloggers such as the fabulous Chelsea Swiggett


We're all planning more shenanigans in the new year. 

I found the experience overwhelming to say the least. However, I'm glad I did it, because next time, I'll know what I'm doing... I hope.

Bloggishly Speaking:

Tumblr_ltafjckge61r3cg3yo1_250_large


At the beginning of the year I had roughly 600 followers. That number has more than doubled!


Update: Just hit 1,400 followers before midnight!!! 

My twitter has exploded! I have over 1,200 followers. I didn't even have a twitter a year ago!

Klout came on the scene, and I currently have a 48 score. If anyone ever figures out the science of it all, I would love to know. 

Facebook. Not until recently did I begin to use my Blog's FB page. Followers started to find and follow it. Since my most recent post was from last September, I figured I would try to look like I cared. 

Goodreads. I love being your friend on Goodreads. You can read my early reviews there. Friend me on Goodreads. I love Goodreads.

Vloggily Speaking:

283935_1453585397474_1768496922_692775_3438406_n_large

I began Vlogging this year and am in LOVE. 


My In My Mailbox vlogs are your favorite meme here on MPB. 

I will continue the growing of my youtube channel in 2012, as well as enjoying being a Totally Booksessed Babe! 

Saturday will never be the same.

Bookishly Speaking:

Tumblr_lsdski9aqa1qk1cdoo1_400_large
Tumblr_ltgzvjrhdt1r2xd2ko1_500_large
Img_1292199081_15067_1322640453_mod_614_368_large

My favorite book is still The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson, however new to my ultimate top ten this year are Divergent by Veronica Roth and Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. 

Authorishly Speaking:

Tumblr_ltdlxp8kxx1r532wdo1_500_large

I finally figured out what was wrong with my book. After two crappy drafts, the third is a completely new book with the same original concepts.

I woke up from a dream this past July and wrote it out. I got it write(Right? Write.)the first time. 

Both books have helped heal my heart. 

Futuristically Speaking:

I have made a 2012 Resolution, and it is this:

Live Fearlessly.
Tumblr_lwfferqkto1qeam2so1_400_large 





"GR: Tris's society has five factions: Abnegation (the selfless), Amity (the peaceful), Candor (the truthful), Dauntless (the brave), and Erudite (the intelligent). Goodreads member Becky Webster asks, "When you were 16, what faction would you have chosen? How does that compare with the faction you would choose today?"

VR: When I was 16, I would have chosen Candor. I found it difficult to trust people when I was younger, for various reasons, and I think I would have seen Candor as a place in which it is safe to trust, because everyone is so transparent. Now, I would choose Dauntless. I struggle with fear on a daily basis, and sometimes it makes me feel like I'm trapped—sometimes it even keeps me from doing what's best for the people around me. I think bravery makes you selfless, it makes you honest, it makes you trust people. Brave is something I want to be."

7 comments:

Andye said...

Love this post!! Love you! Happy New Year!!

the book bunny said...

Nice post! It's always nice to read about how far bloggers have come. =] Love watching your video's.

Racquel (A Book Barbie) said...

I love this!! It nice to see everything about your blogging/reading world has grown & so has your writing! Hopefully, 2012 is even 100000X better for you:D

Racquel @ The Book Barbies
-thank you&come again.

Tymothy Longoria said...

It was really great meeting you just before the year is over. I look forward to seeing your many endeavors grow and become more and more...epic.

Live fearlessly. We are the fuel.

Word.

DevouredShannon said...

That book signing was one of my favorite thing of last year too!!! I am so glad to have met you there!! I also really really love your resolution for next year and I might even steal.... borrow it!!!

Karen said...

That was an awesome wrap up post!

New follower - only 4 more to 1400!!

Happy New Year!

Shanan, The Book Addict said...

I love that you had a dream and the book started to take a different shape for you. That happens to me all the time when I am stuck on a school paper or have a work problem I need to work out--in the middle of the night I have an ah-ha moment and work it all out. :)

Shanan
http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/